Friday 13 January 2012

Trip to the Emerald Isle 2011

Here's some photos of our recent trip to Ireland for Christmas and New Year. We had an awesome time, met some great people, and got to travel around and visit some amazing places.


Blarney Castle. I climbed to the top. To kiss the Blarney stone you have to lay down at that gap at the top, place you hands on the metal bars, then lean down backwards to kiss the stone upside down. Needless to say that once I took one look at the ground my desire to put my lips to a stone that has goodness-knows-what all over it suddenly vanished. The gift of the gab, who needs it, obviously not me!





A scenery shot from around the castle grounds. There is so much to see here and unfortunately we didn't get to see it all. Next time I think I'll plan to stay for the whole day!









Shahni had a great time feeding the donkeys.












This one makes me laugh. Tristan in his Star Wars jumper and Shahni in Shane's coat, what a pair!









A rare picture of Shane relaxing. I'm fairly confident that he enjoyed that Irish Coffee.


















Cheese!












I have loads more photos but it's taking too long to upload so I'll leave it at that I think. If you want to see the rest of the album it's called Xmas in Ireland 2011

2 comments:

  1. I'm kinda glad you didn't kiss the Blarney Stone, you'd probably never shut up again! rofl.
    Thanks for setting up a blog, it's a great idea, I'm looking forward to reading all about what you're up to, and hoping to make an appearance on your blog myself around March??? Love ya babe xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Psst .... it's parade! (Lmao) I wonder if there's a stone that gives you the gift of learning to win at Pictionary! Can't wait to see you.
    OMG Habib, only 7.5 weeks to go! xx

    ReplyDelete